Job, Buyer – Drums And Percussion
Our growing team is looking to recruit a Drums & Percussion Buyer to join our Purchasing Department at our new HQ premises in York. Working alongside the category merchandiser, you will develop and own vendor relationships across the portfolio and will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and promoting new and existing products. You will drive the continuous growth and extension of our product ranges whilst working to optimise sales, margins and inventory.
– Responsible for product planning, purchasing and inventory management.
– Manage vendor relationships, including negotiation of pricing, terms and schedules.
– Coordinate product launches and promotions in collaboration with marketing, merchandising and e-commerce teams.
– Provide specialist support to customer service and social teams.
– Identify opportunities for product exclusives or promotions.
– Monitor competitors’ market, assortment and promotional tactics.
– Gain an understanding of consumer purchase behaviour and make recommendations accordingly.
– Occasional travel to international music exhibitions and events.
– Additional responsibilities as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
– Number of years’ experience in retail: purchasing, pricing, merchandising, preferably in musical instruments or production.
– Extensive knowledge of drum & percussion products, equipment and associated markets.
– Aptitude with numbers and understanding of retail metrics.
– I.T proficient with advanced knowledge of Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
– Strong organisational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines.
– Superior communication skills; able to communicate persuasively and clearly across teams.
– Excels in team environment and in building strong interpersonal relationships.
– Salary: as market leaders Gear4music are able to offer highly competitive remuneration packages.
– Standard Working Hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday 9am-5:30pm, 39.5 hours per week.
– You must have eligibility to work permanently from our HQ in York.
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to take the next step with your career, then please apply in confidence with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com .
Launched in 2003 and now with more than 600K customers, Gear4music is the UK’s largest retailer of musical instruments and music equipment. We operate across all categories and offer solutions for everyone: from rock ‘n’ roll to classical, from studio to stage.
As a result of rapid business growth Gear4music will be moving to its newly purchased HQ based centrally in York from August 2017. The new site offers a high quality modern office with excellent facilities including; ample free onsite car parking, secure bicycle parking, located one mile from the train station and with regular bus services, and local amenities within walking distance.
To support the growth of our business, we are looking for talented individuals to come and join us. In return we can offer a competitive salary and company benefits including; a cycle to work scheme, corporate eye care, childcare vouchers, refer a friend scheme, pension scheme, share-options for long-serving employees, plus a generous staff discount on all products. If you would like to further your career with an ambitious growth company, where you can expect to be rewarded for hard work, please apply today!
Position: BUYER – DRUMS AND PERCUSSION
Location: UK – North East
Date posted: Friday, May 12th 2017
To apply for this position Click Here: