Singular Sound Unveils the Best Possible Alternative to a Drummer
Unlike all current drum machines, the BeatBuddy is in a pedal format, granting musicians a previously unobtainable ability — hands-free, creative control of a beat. This gives solo musicians the benefit of drums without a drummer.
“Drummers are hard to come by, and drum sets are even harder to carry,” said founder and developer David Packouz, “and drum machines are practically useless for jamming or live performance. The BeatBuddy is the first product to solve this fundamental problem. It’s the power of a drum machine, but the simplicity of a pedal.”
Features of the BeatBuddy include:
- Hands-free live control of the beat: Inserts fills, transitions from verse to chorus, adds accent hits (e.g. cymbal crashes or hand claps)
- Pre-loaded with 10 drum sets and over 200 songs
- Any custom beat or drum set can be loaded through included computer software
- MIDI Sync: Integrates with other MIDI devices
- Convenient small single-pedal format
In addition, Singular Sound will host a forum in which BeatBuddy users can upload and share their custom beats and drum sets.
“I’m so excited about the incredible response we got,” said Goran Rista, of GoranGrooves Studio, the creator of the BeatBuddy’s content. “I’ve never seen so much enthusiasm for any new musical product,” added Rista.
The BeatBuddy will retail for $350(USD), but early birds who help fund the production through Singular Sound’s Indiegogo campaign will be able to score one for as little as $179(USD). However, that price will only be available for 60 more early supporters, after which the price will be $199(USD).